Have you been on Facebook lately? Did you see a video? Or watch a video? It’s pretty hard to scroll through Facebook now and not see dozens of videos about everything from cats to shower curtains. But if you’re looking to use Facebook video to get more traffic to your business, you have to know what you’re doing.
Potential customers have a lot of choices these days so if your Facebook video isn’t compelling, you’re just wasting your time and money. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage and sit down. We’re going to tell you how to get more traffic by using Facebook video.
Why Use Facebook Video to Get More Traffic?
Did you know that when you hear a piece of information you’ll only remember 10% of it just a mere 3 days later? But if a picture is attached with that information you’ll remember 65% of it. Or that about 74% of all internet traffic today is video content?
So do we have your attention yet? Are you curious to find out more? Here are our favorite ways to use Facebook video to attract more customers.
Inspire Your Viewers
People love to be inspired. Facebook and every other social media site out there, is brimming with videos inspiring others to make changes in their lives. Like losing weight. Or not giving up after experiencing a tragedy. They’re looking for answers, inspiration, and support and you can help them. It doesn’t have to be monumental, just a short bit of support or advice to help them get motivated is all your viewers are looking for.
Educate Your Customers
You have a product or service that you want your viewers to know about. So educate them.
There are many ways you can do that using video.
Here are just a few to get you started:
- How-to videos: Create a video showing your customers how to use a product or service you sell.
- Frequently Asked Questions videos: Tackle the answers in a personal video blog that most of your customers have.
- Troubleshooting videos: Do customers tend to get stuck and need support and guidance? Here’s your chance to create a video.
- Interview Customers: Here is your chance to have a testimonial directly from a customer who is also sharing how your product or service helped them.
- Meet the Team Videos: People buy from people. Share with your viewers who you are. You can share celebratory moments when you and your team reach milestones or share the holidays with your customers.
Use Live Stream Videos on Facebook
Live video streaming is quite literally the biggest thing to hit Facebook. Because it’s live. So you can create an event around your live video. And generate a buzz. The people are coming and if your content is interesting, they’re staying. In fact, people are watching live videos 3 times more than they’re watching a regular video.
Here’s what you can use a live video for:
- Address Comments
- Share an Inside Look Into Your Business
- Promote Upcoming Events
- Use it to Increase Customer Interest: This is a great way to generate buzz around a new product, even before it goes on the market.
- Answer Questions: They have questions, you have answers. Doing it live just makes it more fun.
- Engage: People love it when you share a part of yourself, especially live. It helps them feel more connected to you and your product.
- Engage with Key Influencers: A live video with you interviewing a key influencer in your industry can attract a ton of business. Not only will it attract their followers but you’ll be setting yourself up as a key influencer yourself.
Link to Everything
Here’s where linking can help you gain a wider following:
- Add a link back to your website in the post
- Post the video link to other social media sites: No need to recreate the wheel when you already made a great video. Share that video on other sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and any other place you can.
- Add links: You can add links on your About page, milestones, and on photographs you post.
Always let people know what their next step is by adding a link back to where you want them to go next.
Here Are Some Tools to Make Sharing Your Facebook Video Easier
- Upload Directly to Facebook: It’s so much easier to upload your videos directly to Facebook. In fact, Facebook encourages this and rewards you for it.
- Use a Call to Action Every Single Time: Consumers want to be told what their next step should be. Facebook lets you choose several call-to-action options when you boost your post.
- Try Boosting Your Videos: You can create an ad campaign on Facebook even if you’re literally on a shoestring budget. For as little as $1 a day, you can boost your video to gain an even wider audience.
- Add it to Your Blog: Did you know you can post your Facebook video directly on your blog? This will help you increase traffic organically.
- Keep it Short: If it’s live, it’s different but with a regular video, keep it short. People have short attention spans and they’ll stop watching if the videos are too long.
And finally, the most important part of marketing:
This is your company, your brand, so consistency is the key to your success.
Use consistency to:
- Gain Brand Recognition: Use your brand consistently on everything you post. You want people to associate your logo with your company.
- Keep Customers Engaged: People get bored really easily these days. Keep them interested and coming back, you have to post consistently. At least 2-3 times per week will help you continue to promote your brand and business.
- Use a Clear, Concise Message: You need to get your point across quickly and across many media platforms.
Lastly, remember that you can always:
Reuse, Recycle, Reshare
Not everyone will have seen your video the first time you posted it. So share it again. And then share it again. Obviously not to the point where your customers are turned off, but you can rotate your videos. Just don’t forget to create new content as well.
Using video to increase your traffic on Facebook can be really fun. It just takes a little bit of time, effort, creativity and of course, know how. We love helping others successfully grow their business and have fun while doing it. Keep coming back for more content and support.